Norelco Electric Razors Review
The art of man shaving has gone a long way since our grandparents used the “wet shave” method to get rid of their facial hair. Especially with a scary-looking single blade razor. Nowadays, men have the opportunity to obtain a razor that works with electrical power, greatly simplifying the beard shaving process.
The brands are many, but some of them stand out on the market more than others because of their great features. Philips’ Norelco Electric Razors fit into this category.
Norelco is an American brand that sells electric shavers and other personal care products whose main manufacturer is the Consumer Lifestyle division of the well-known Philips.
Norelco electric shavers were introduced in 2006, and they have, since then, become a product that men trust when it comes to shaving their body hair. The following article will be reviewing the Philips Norelco Shaver models 4100, 8900, and 5500 to make your understanding of their features easier when it is the moment to choose one for your lifestyle and needs.
Philips Norelco Shaver 4100 (Model AT810/46)
If you are looking for an electric shaver that will give you precise results, the 4100 is the one for you: It has flexing heads that adjust to the shape of your face, and a Super Lift and Cut dual-blade that cuts comfortably below skin level for a sharper shave.
- DualPrecision blade shaving system that is designed to shave both long and short hair quickly and comfortably
- Aquatec Technology that allows you to comfortable shave with a wet or dry face, however, you like it the most!
- It has a contouring system of 4 directions
- It has a Pop-Up trimmer that is perfect for sideburns and mustache
- Patented Super Lift and Cut dual-blade action lifts hair to cut comfortably below skin level
- It is floating and flexing heads adjust automatically to the curves of the face
- Fully washable
- LED charge, with a Lithium-Ion battery that lasts 50 minutes and takes 1 hour to charge
- Accessories included: a protection cap and a cleaning brush
- Full 2-year warranty, and 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- You can use it both with shaving cream or without it
- It is fully washable, allowing you to use it while you take a shower
- It is less irritating than other models
- Light, long-lasting battery pack
- It does not offer a shave as close as other types of razors
- It is hard to get a good shave on angled spaces like the jaw or the neck
- The battery is not user serviceable, which means that once it stops charging, it will be easier to get a new one
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 5500 Wet & Dry S5370/86, Frustration-Free Packaging
This Norelco brings a Turbo system that makes it 10% stronger than other shavers+. This, and its 5-direction Flex Heads are perfect for reaching those tricky places like the neck, leaving you with a smooth, close-to-perfect shave.
- Turbo-powered shave that goes fast through dense parts of the beard with 10% more power
- 5-direction Flex Heads that move in five different directions for a closer shave
- Aquatec Wet and Dry Technology for a wet or dry shave
- SmartClean System that cleans, lubricates and charges itself with an alcohol-free formula
- Click-On trimmer for mustache and sideburns
- Super Lift and Cut Action that offer closer shaves below the skin
- One hour of corded charge gives you 45 minutes of cordless shave
- LED display
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- It offers 10% more power than other models when shaving
- The SmartClean System charges while cleaning and lubricating at the same time
- Precision trimmer is ideal for perfect results in sideburns and mustache details
- The articulating heads reaches places that are usually hard to shave like jaw and neck
- The battery lasts 5 minutes less than the rest of the Norelco models
- Turbo mode does not make any change
- The shave is not as close as other models or razors can achieve
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 8900 with SmartClean, Wet & Dry Edition S8950/90
The Norelco 8900 model features an innovative auto cleaning system that will leave your shaver like new every day! It also has twice as many directions on the shaving heads which cut up more hair than other models and comes with five different length settings that are perfect for those who like to play around with their beard style.
- Shaving heads move in 8 directions, cutting up to 20% more hair
- Aquatec Technology that allows you to wet or dry shave your face
- Smart Clean System that simplifies maintenance: cleans, charges and lubricates
- SmartClick Beard Styles is equipped with five length settings to offer flexibility on the look you want to achieve
- V-Track Precision Blades cut hair 30% closer to the face
- Charges fully in one hour
- It comes with a 2-year warranty
- Fully washable
- The SmartClean System keeps your shaver free of hair, foam, and gel with an alcohol-free formula. It also lubricates the shaver, reducing friction in the next shave
- It has a travel lock system that prevents it from turning on accidentally
- Includes five different length settings you can choose from
- Contour Detect Technology helps cut up 20% more hair, and 30% closer to the skin
- Long lasting battery charge
- It does not come with a brush because of its SmartClean System
- You have to buy refills of the cleaning solution
- The blades are a bit too far apart from each other which prevents the contouring system to work flawlessly
The three Norelco shaver models have their advantages and disadvantages, so you will have to explore their features and see which one gives you the impression of covering your needs properly.
If you are looking for a shaver that has unique features, like the SmartClean System, as well as good shaving results, the Norelco 8900 with its 8-direction heads is for you. On the other hand, if you wish to get something that will give you extra power for your shave, the 5500 is a good option. Lastly, if you want something simple that will still do the job, you should opt for the Norelco 4100, which, will bring a cleaning brush as well!